The National Assessment Program-Literacy and Numeracy test also called NAPLAN test is used to compute the essential skills in students of class 3, 5, 7 and 9 and is taken annually. It is a popular test that is used commonly for the purpose of assessing the different qualities of the students in the aforementioned grades. However, how important are the results of this test? The skills included are reading, writing, grammar and numerical analysis. The content of the test is decided by the Australian Curriculum. The test includes a literary section based on content from the English section and a Numerical section based on content from Mathematical section. Students are compulsory to give the test. The test is MCQs based in which a statement with four possible answers is given and students have to choose the right answer that also can be in form of short responses or in case of the writing section, a student may have to write continuous text.
The test holds obvious importance not only for school but also for the parents. By this test, school is able to examine the subject their students are lacking in and can pay more attention to each students’ development individually. Also, parents are able to know the progress of their children and can look for measures to improve their children efficiency and effectiveness. They can hire tutors if needed, for example, one of the hardest subjects is Math but a good maths tutor Central Coast or wherever you live can help a student pass the test. And surely there are many tutors available for different subjects in Sydney, Perth, Central Coast and other parts of the country.
Importance of NAPLAN Results:
- NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) decided that students have to attempt HSC in 2020 after proving there literary and numerical skills which are possible when students of 9th grade will score at least 8 bands in NAPLAN test.
- Even at primary school, the test holds equal importance. If at any point you want to change your child’s school, the other school will demand a NAPLAN test results in order to check the competency of your child.
- According to ACARA, Australian Assessment and Curriculum Reporting Authority, students are motivated to give the test as it helps to identify student’s strengths and weaknesses and thus measures can be taken to improve the progress of students.
- Also, the school will be able to look keenly for the merits and demerits of their educational system and can improve it continuously.
- It helps parents to know more about their children’s educational condition and to know about the school they are paying for their children’s education.
- The state or Education Ministry will be able to know the complications in the educational system and also if young students are learning the required literal and numerical skills or not.
In a nutshell, NAPLAN results are beneficial for students, parents, school and state altogether. Some parents believe them to be fruitful other yet deny its importance.